Rockland County Office for the Aging provides assistance to Medicare Beneficiaries through HIICAP. The Health Insurance Information and Counseling Assistance Program (HIICAP) provides free, accurate, and objective information, counseling, assistance and advocacy on Medicare, private health insurance, and related health coverage plans.
Either Donna Gloc (HIICAP coordinator), or Shawn Mathew (HIICAP consultant) from Rockland County Office for the Aging will discuss Medicare basics, including what you need to know about Original Medicare, Medigap, Medicare Part D and Medicare Advantage Programs.
Additionally, other programs available will be discussed:
- EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage Program)
- LIS (Low Income Subsidy Program)
- MSP (Medicare Savings Program)
Who can benefit from this program?
- Medicare Beneficiaries and their families
- Or soon-to-be Medicare Beneficiaries